Experiment #14: The Final Page

How will I go one after this?  My whole life has been dedicated to this one thing, this one goal, and now I have achieved it.  In my peripheral vision, I see my coach walk towards me.

“I know what you’re thinking?”

Lost in my own thoughts I barely register what he says enough to respond, but solemnly I say, “How could you possibly know what I am thinking?”

“You forget that I was in your shoes at one point.  There could only be one reason as to why you look so depressed after achieving the unachievable.  You are wondering where to go from here.”

I look at my coach in curiosity.

“Well, how did you find purpose?" I question.

“I did two things: one, I actually relaxed for the first time in a long time, and after about an hour of that I started the next step which was planning my next goal to work towards.  If you aren’t working towards something, you begin to wander aimlessly and lose yourself.  So, the question you have to ask yourself is what are you working towards next?”

I take a deep breath as a smile spreads across my face because it is so obvious.  I look back into my coach’s eyes and he sees that familiar fire was returned.

He asks, “So? What will it be?”

I respond with excitement, “You’re just going to have to wait and see."

Comments

Popular Posts